JUST A NOTE:

Thank you for your time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoy it and visit often :). If it inspires you feel free to use my ideas, but don't forget to give credit and back-link to my blog. Thanks again and have fun browsing! Cornelia

If you want to contact me, mail to neliacards@gmail.com

Design Teams past and present and GDT

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Little Tangles and Male Room


I don't make a lot of masculine cards and I am not sure I succeeded with this one, but I made it for a male friend of mine - he is much younger than me, so I think its okay. I combined the sketch challenge from The Male Room with this week's 
Little Tangles challenge. 


The numbers are by Papertrey. I die cut them and underlayed them with colored paper that I also sponged a bit. The stamps are by Neat and Tangled - the set is called Everyday Circles. I love that set!


Added some black splatters. I popped up the sentiment circle with foam tape to give it some dimension.

Quick and easy and I really like it!
I am also linking this card with Seize the Birthday - anything birthday
and The Snippets Playground - use a snippet - my happy sentiment
CASology - Splatter

                    

25 comments:

Cathy said...

I love this card too Cornelia, the colours are fantastic, great take on the sketch, Cathy x

Neets B said...

I think you've definitely succeeded, this is a great card for a guy x

Liz said...

A great card, perfect for a male friend. I love the shading of the numbers down the side. xx

Dragon said...

Great fun card.

Anita in France said...

This is stunning, Cornelia ... such great colours and perfect precision! I think it'd be brilliant for a guy or a girl! It'd go well at CASology's Splatter challenge! Anita :)

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Oh wow!.
Are you crazy? You absolutely nailed this 'guy' card.
It's amazing.
Caroline xxx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Cornelia, fabulous card ... perfect for a male recipient. Love the numbers, splats and the stamps ... actually, what's not to like :) Thanks for your comment on the rocker cards and I've note your suggestion to put a tutorial together - I will do that just as soon as I have a bit of time for it so keep a lookout :) Elizabeth xx

Barb Ghig said...

Awesome card, Cornelia! I love how you inked the numbers and your splatters are fabulous!

Tenia Nelson said...

AWESOME!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card Cornelia...I really love how you used those PTI number dies.

Susanne Vargas said...

This is a great card for a guy but would also work perfectly for a girl! Love it!

Deborah Frings said...

I think you rocked the challenges! I think the numbers are just fab adn the spatter works so well. While this is perfect for a guy, it would work for a girl too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Lorraine Marasigan said...

Very cool, Cornelia! So glad I got to see you again at the Mama Elephant party. I could seriously just sit and watch you make cards...you're so talented!

Chris D. said...

This is such a great card for a guy! Love the ombre effect underneath the numbers!

FeistyCrafter said...

Quite an awesome card and unique! Perfect for a man. Love the numbers for a birthday card. Great play on the challenges. Thanks for joining us at The Male Room
Tina dt

Jessica Pascarella said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful card with us at the Little Tangles Challenge! Hope to see you back again!

Monika Reeck said...

wooww combo of challenge
clever card
I love the color combo on the number and great idea for a guy card..and love that splatter I love the Happy in circle there and also CAS...you are clever Cornelia...wish you luck with that challenges..hugs, Monika

Meghan said...

Your splatter is perfect! Love those numbers, too! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Diane said...

I also think you succeeded in making a wonderful guy card! I love the use of the numbers instead of paper- great idea!

Colleen said...

Awesome card..great masculine card, but gosh I think it would work for the females too! And definitely a great card for a child! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Di said...

Oooer Cornelia - I love this! Perfect for a chap as well.

Hugs

Di xx

Deepti said...

This is a stunner :) I like the ombré on the numbers !

OH Babs said...

Great card, colors and sketch. Perfect for a child or a male.

Glenda J said...

What a bold and fabulous CAS design. Love it! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Monika Reeck said...

congrats on your win at the Male Room I love your idea dear Cornelia and you deserve it..hugs, Monika